Main Module

Welcome to my cooking blog, a place where recipes are shared. Do not hesitate to leave comments and ideas as to how to improve my cooking. Enjoy blogwalking and please keep coming back for more updates

Adds

Calendar

Monday, August 11, 2008

Black Pepper Sirloin Steak



Last weekend I went to Giant, Rawang. I came across some sirloin, quite expensive huh, RM39.90 per kg. I didn't go for the whole kg of course, I bought just 4 slices of it, one for each member in my family, and that has cost me about RM20++. I thot of making some black pepper steak. Usually we had the steak at Mama Chops Papa Grills, since MCPG in Tg Malim closed down about 2 years ago, we had stopped eating westerns until Easy Cafe' opened its business opposite to Petronas early this year. I had some steak there once, quite good, do not mention about the price lah, if I'm not mistaken it was RM19.90. So today I decided to prepare this at home. Besides, I bought a new pan today, guessed I could give it a try huh? I had a seminar in Casuarina, Ipoh early this morning. After the seminar, at 12.30pm somewhere around that time, I went shopping at Jusco. And I came across this Maxim non-stick cooking ware sold at 50% off. Heh, I've been watching for its price since a year ago, the cheapest it has gone was at 20% off, today was at 50% , so I didn't think twice. I grabbed one pan, kinda bowly (is it a correct word? whateverlah), 28 cm diameter, hmmm okay lah kot. The original price was RM209, less 50% so I paid RM104.50 for it. Good bargain I guess. I also got myself this small non-stick pan for telur mata kerbau, also at 50% off, it was RM32, and after discount, I just paid RM16. Actually, I like this one pot, also non-stick, La Gourmet, sold at 20% off, mmmmm may be I can seduce my husband to allow me to buy this one, I really like that La Gourmet pot.... uhhhhh.....since coming home from Jusco this evening, I have been visualizing myself cooking using that pot....hehehe
(Pic 1: The plate-before dinner; Pic 2 : The plate- after dinner)


BLACK PEPPER SIRLOIN STEAK

Untuk marinade:
4 slice sirloin - atau mana part yang lembut dagingnya, diketuk dengan hammer steak untuk tenderkan daging.
8-10 biji lada hitam - coarse
3 camb BBQ sos - boleh pakai HP, Heinz, etc
3 camb worshertire sos - aku pakai heinz
3 camb sos lada hitam - ini aku beli kat Sarawak
3 camb sos steak - lupa pulak brand ape, malas la pulak aku nak gi jenguk dalam peti ais.
2 camb sos tiram
garam

Untuk Sos:
1 biji bawang besar - cincang
2 biji bawang putih - cincang
2 camb butter - untuk menumis
1 camt lada hitam - coarse
1 paket sos lada hitam - aku pakai 'yamie'
1 camt honey
2 camb BBQ sos
Garam
1 camb tepung jagung - bancuh dengan sedikit air

Cara-cara:

1. Daging dimarinade dengan semua bahan marinade selama 1-2 jam.

2. Dalam grill pan, ataupun non-stick pan boleh gak, cairkan sedikit butter dan grill daging yang telah dimarinade hingga masak. Aku suka medium rare. Bila dah masak angkat dan letak dalam pinggan. Simpan lebihan marinade untuk buat sos.

3. Untuk sos, cairkan butter dan tumis bawang besar dan putih yang telah dicincang hingga garing.

4. Bila dah garing masukkan lebihan marinade tadi dan juga semua bahan-bahan untuk buat sos. Tambahkan sedikit air. Untuk memekatkan kuah boleh diletakkan sedikit bancuhan tepung jagung.

5. Hidangkan steak bersama sayur-sayuran seperti jagung rebus, brocolli dan carrot yang dicelur ataupun baked potato.

****Potato dalam gambar aku rebus 3/4 masak. Then potong wedges, pastu marinade dengan olive oil, garam, oregano dan rosemary. Lepas tu grill dalam non-stick pan. Sedap sangat. Actually kerja grill menggrill ni kerja hubby. Kerja aku marinade, and bagi arahan :))))

Don't forget to click the ad before u continue blogwalking..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...